Norton™ Internet Security for Mac
The next evolution of
Norton Internet Security for Mac
In order to better protect you, we have substantially enhanced our security services. We took everything you loved about Norton Internet Security for Mac and added better protection, improved performance and superior design to create Norton Security. It’s the best of Norton for your Macs as well as your PCs, smartphones and tablets.
If you are currently using Norton Internet Security for Mac, you can still renew your subscription here.
If you need help with your current subscription, please visit our Customer Support.
Thank you for choosing Norton.
- Browse, shop and bank online without worrying about online identity theft, Web attacks or scams
- Identifies safe websites and blocks dangerous sites — including phishing3 sites set up to steal your identity or other personal information.
- Updates at least once a day to automatically detect new threats that try to take advantage of vulnerabilities in applications and software on your Mac®.
- Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac, swiping your personal information and messing with your Stuff.
- Easily access Norton Safe Web for Facebook right from within your Norton product, so you can quickly scan your News Feed for dangerous downloads and links to unsafe websites and warn your Facebook friends about them.
- Detects and eliminates online threats so you can safely email, chat and share Stuff
- Protects your iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects and other important Stuff from online threats.
- Scans attachments received through email and iChat® for threats.
- Finds and gets rid of spyware that can be used to eavesdrop on you, steal your personal information and take control of your Mac.
- Automatic, customizable protection keeps your stuff safe without slowing you down or getting in your way
- Scans and updates in the background, so you won't even know it's there.
- Gives you the power to change your protection level depending on your location (home, office, school, hotel, coffee shop, etc.).
- Lets you control what applications connect to the Internet, who can connect to your Mac and what they can do and see.
- Essential Virus Protection: Keeps your Mac®, iPhoto®, iTunes®, iMovie® and other files safe from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing it down.
- Norton™ Safe Web and Safe Search: Proactively protects users while surfing the Web by warning of and blocking unsafe and fake websites right in search results. The Safe Search Toolbar installs automatically so you can search safely right from your browser.
- Antiphishing Technology3: Blocks fraudulent phishing websites created to steal your identity and your money.
- Smart Two-Way Firewall: Prevents cybercriminals from hacking into your Mac®, stealing your personal information and messing with your Stuff.
- Location Awareness: Lets you adjust your level of protection depending on where you're using your Mac® (at home, the office, the local coffee shop, on the road).
- Vulnerability Protection: Updates daily to defend against threats that can infect your Mac through gaps in the operating system or other applications.
- AntiVirus Protection: Protects your Mac®, iPhoto® pictures, iTunes® media, iMovie® projects and all your important Stuff from viruses, spyware and other threats without slowing down your computer.
- Confidential File Guard: Password protects your Stuff to keep it safe from prying eyes.
- Daily Protection Updates: Runs in the background to protect your Mac® — and your Stuff — from new, late-breaking threats.
- Email and Instant Message Monitoring: Scans iChat® and other IMs for suspicious attachments and other tricks used to steal your identity and your hard-earned money.
- Free 24x7 Support: Symantec provides free 24x7 chat and phone support for a period of one year from initial product installation.1
- Flexible Support: Norton™ Internet Security 5 for Mac works with Mac OS® 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9, and includes Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac to Intel-and PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS 10.4-10.6.8.
Operating Systems Supported
Norton Internet Security 5 For Mac
- Mac OS® X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9
Safari® 1, 2
- Mozilla® Firefox® 1,2
Norton Internet Security 43 for Mac
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Mac® system with Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
- 2 GB of RAM (already required for Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8)
- 1.5 GB of available hard disk space
- Internet connection required for LiveUpdate™ security updates
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installing via electronic download)
Instant Messaging Clients Supported for Confidential Data Filtering
- iChat® 5.x
- Microsoft® Messenger 7.0.1 for Mac
- Yahoo!® Instant Messenger 3.0 for Mac
- AIM® for Mac
1As made available by Symantec within your service period.
2Supports current and the most recent previous release.
3Norton Internet Security 4 for Mac does not include Antiphishing protection.